CPAP Therapy – Frisco, TX
The Original in Sleep Apnea Treatment
Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy is considered the best, standard treatment option for sleep apnea because of its effectiveness and proven success rate. Many sleep practices throughout the United States continue to offer CPAPs to individuals who struggle to get the sleep they need. Researchers estimate that around 75% of individuals with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) who use a CPAP resolve their symptoms of daytime fatigue. At Star Sleep & Wellness in Frisco, CPAP therapy is only one of several sleep apnea treatment options available. To learn if you qualify for CPAP therapy in Frisco, contact our office.
How Does CPAP Therapy Work?
CPAP therapy is a non-surgical sleep apnea treatment option. You are instructed to wear a mask over your nose or face depending on the style recommended for you. When placed on the appropriate setting, compressed air begins to push through the mask and into your lungs. This works to keep your airway open and void of any obstruction.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a CPAP?
Designed to treat patients with moderate or severe sleep apnea, a CPAP device is commonly recommended for anyone who might be suffering from OSA and exhibiting these symptoms:
- Gasping or choking on air
- Chronic fatigue throughout the day
- Highly irritable
- Unable to focus or concentrate
- Loss of libido
- Chronic snoring
If you notice that you are suffering from one or more of these symptoms, call our office. Our team is here to answer your questions and address any concerns as we work to deliver timely and appropriate care for better sleep.
Advantages of CPAP Therapy
Although many patients view CPAP therapy as a cumbersome approach to treatment because of the bulky design, many advantages must be considered, such as:
- Improved heart health that results in lower blood pressure, reduced occurrences of arrhythmia, and a decreased risk of heart failure.
- Minimized risk of stroke because of the improved sleep quality you will attain with the help of a CPAP.
- Fewer instances of daytime fatigue, which can positively affect your personal and professional life.
- A reduced risk for drowsy driving, which can lead to fewer car accidents.
- Better mental health, as it can help to reduce symptoms of depression.
- Minimized snoring, which is a welcome relief for you and your partner.
Is CPAP Therapy Covered by Insurance?
CPAP therapy is covered by medical insurance as long as you have met your deductible. Because these devices are considered medical equipment by insurance companies, proper pre-authorizations and claims filing can ensure that you pay minimal out-of-pocket expenses. Our team at Star Sleep & Wellness in Frisco will review your plan to identify ways to maximize your benefits so that you pay less while treating your sleep apnea or snoring.